Wednesday, March 18, 2015

Legal Research - Don't Be Fooled By Westlaw Or Lexis - You Will Love Again

Hello Chicago Law Sourcers, we are excited to be in full swing into 2015 and rocking and rolling our way through the days.  Today's post is about legal research.  Just a short one, to remind you that your so-called "tried and true" research engines known as trusty Westlaw and Lexis might not be the only way to go.

First, they are E-X-P-E-N-S-I-V-E!!!  Second, are they the best?  We know from being in law school that they are very popular.  But we also know from high school that being popular doesn't mean you get asked to the dance.  So, for this foray into the legal world, let me suggest that you consider breaking up with your one main squeeze and check out some sites I just found.  Now that I myself and my firm Levin Law Ltd are free from the big-guys, we are itching to try them out.  I welcome your comments on this!

I have found out about the following sites, and I think they are all worthy of a spin:


  • www.loislaw.com  (Lois Law)
  • itislaw.com  (National Law Library)
  • thelaw.net  (The Law . Net)
  • Jenkins law library (gives you access to fast case)
  • www.fastcase.com
  • bloomberg.com
So for any and all legal friends out there, I can tell you that I am looking at all of these, but they offer lower monthly costs, one-time search pricing, and most state and federal resources.  

Check it out!

As usual, I welcome your suggestions and comments and hope to hear from you all in 2015!! 

Like us on Facebook!  (Levin Law Ltd) or check out on the web at www.levinlawltd.com

Happy Spring!


No comments:

Post a Comment